Yesterday we talked about how the Law of Attraction only works well if you are focused on your own true goals and passions, and not on what other people want for you.
Over the years, many of us have gotten sidetracked by outside messages from schools, parents, employers and advertisers about what we should want for ourselves. How do we find clarity now, without the distractions, so we can focus clearly on our own true passions?
Today, let’s try something different. Instead of me giving you answers, I’m going to give you questions, so that you can find the answers within yourself.
I invite you to go through this quiz below, and pick the questions that grab your attention. Don’t avoid the tough ones, but don’t get caught up on questions that don’t connect with you. Some questions will uncover your true passions, while others will uncover false goals. Good luck!
- What goals have been given to you by other people?
- What goals have you thought of yourself?
- Which ones send shivers down your spine?
- What brings tears to your eyes?
- Finish this sentence: “Why doesn’t somebody just…?”
- What problem have you solved for yourself that you could help others with?
- What goals have you set to help you achieve other goals, but are now draining you?
- What work are you doing because you are good at it (but don’t enjoy)?
- What are you doing because other people think it suits you?
- What are you doing because it’s a continuation of something you used to like?
- If someone else agreed to take on your projects, would you feel a sense of relief at letting it go?
- What expectations did your mother and father have for you, that you are still trying to live up to?
- What would you do for free?
- What do you do for fun?
- What did you want to become when you were a kid?
- When your friends say what they like most about you, what is the thing that comes up most?
- What reputation do you enjoy?
- What reputation has become a burden?
- Do you ever have dreams of being famous – even just locally? If so, for what?
- Picture a room full of people giving you a standing ovation for a major achievement. You feel very fulfilled, grateful and proud. What are they applauding?
- Think of five things you’ve done in your life that you’ve been really proud of. Do they have anything in common?
- What books, magazines or news articles do you spend most of your time reading?
- What course would you sign up for if time and money were no object?
- What feelings do you value most?
- What are you trying to do to create these feelings?
- Are you getting the results you want from your efforts?
- What activity would you stop doing if it had no tangible result?
- What do you enjoy doing for its own sake?
- What are the end results you actually want, aside from the means?
- Why do you want that? How will that make you feel?
- If you could solve one of your own problems right now, what would it be?
- If you could help other people solve the same problem with you, as a team effort, would you?
- If you could assemble a team to solve any problem in the world, what would it be?
- What problem do people complain about that annoys you because you know the answer is so simple?
- What would it take to help people with that answer?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Why?
- What did you ask for last Christmas? Why?
- What store (or department) do you most like to shop in? Why?
- When you waste time, what do you do?
- What inspires you?
- When was the last time you felt your heart bursting with gratitude? Describe the situation.
- If someone gave you $100 billion, what would you buy for yourself? Why?
- What would you spend the rest of the money on? Why?
- If you woke up to discover your house in flames, what one object (aside from family members) would you grab first? (aside from the fire extinguisher)
- What does this object represent to you? What do you do with it? What would you miss if you lost it?
- What one question (or answer) on this quiz will haunt you all day? Why?
If you had any ‘aha’ moments you would like to share, please click on “comments” below and share with the rest of us!
Craig! This is brilliant and so, so true!! The quiz questions really provoke some deep thought, here, and I’m going to have to print these out and give them some real pondering. Thank you for this today!
Hey, have you heard of the Beneficial Law of Attraction ? It’s a book released not too long ago by author Hope Bradford, and it is a refreshing approach to the subject. As I was reading it, it reminded me of my first written introduction to the LOA (“As a Man Thinketh” by James Allen) and it is having quite a profound effect on how I’m looking at my abilities of manifestation. It’s based on the channeled teachings of Kuan Yin, and it stresses having the proper vibration to power up our manifestations and how to really LIVE in gratitude (she calls it “marveling” and it’s stunning)! I’m really spreading the word about this, because I think it’s a treasure and good for the novice and long time practitioner of the LOA. I hope you get a chance to check it out!
Take care, and thanks again for the quiz. I’m sure you’ve made a lot of us think and re-prioritize.
Molly: Thanks for the feedback and the book recommendation! I had not heard of that book but I’ll check it out.
Pingback: Being | Still Waking Up